Sunday, September 15, 2013

Think About the Numbers



Good Morning Wonderful, Talented Artist! I really enjoyed seeing all of your fantastic art Friday for Studio Day.

I want to give you something to think about today and explore a little bit if you haven't already and that's statistics. Specifically marketing statistics.....okay don't run away screaming with your hands in the air or hide behind your easel....I promise not to make you do any math. 



We all know that to sell our art, especially online, people need to see our art. The more people that see your art and connect with it, the more opportunities you have to sell your art.   



Start by paying attention to your numbers. The beauty of having a Facebook Studio/Business Page and a blog is they give you these statistics for free, all you have to do is pay attention to them enough to know if what you are doing is working. For Example, yesterday I know that I had 563 pageviews on my two blogs and I had 21 new likes/fans on my Facebook business page. I know over the last couple of weeks my art posts have been clicked on 1015 times. I even can see which days my pages were the busiest. This information helps me make decisions about content I post and let's me know how well a particular piece of art is being received.

The reason you want to start paying attention to these numbers is as you begin to learn how to use different tools and ideas to market your art, you need to know which ones are working. The goal is to spend less time marketing and more time creating, so if you know what works successfully you can eschew what isn't performing and not waste your creative energy on the "work" part. 

So your mission is to go to your various pages/blogs/websites and look around for your statistical information and get comfortable looking at it. Notice perhaps that because your artist friends here shared your art yesterday whether or not that increased your traffic. Notice if you have certain days of the week where more people visit, then you know those are the days to share what you have to sell...etc. 

Next week on  Tuesday I'll be sharing a Blog Post on how to begin to brand yourself and your art. This will be about establishing a consistent presence as an artist and why you'd want to do that. 

I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. 

Fill out this form to receive FREE
10 Ways To Sell Your Art Right NOW


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always happy to hear from you!